Students with permanent residence in the Federal Republic of Germany are eligible for funding according to BAföG for subject-related studies abroad. The same applies to internships stipulated by the study guidelines or examination regulations. However, it is not possible to simply take the financial assistance you get in Germany to another country. You need to file separate applications for financial assistance with separate BAföG offices. Please refer to the BAföG website of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research to find out which BAföG office is responsible for the country you want to study in.

For further information, please refer to the flyer "Mit BAföG ins Ausland" by the Deutsches Studentenwerk and the presentation of the Studentenwerk Halle.