We are doing our best to prevent the Corona virus from spreading!
All of the services offered by the Studentenwerk Leipzig are once again available to the full extent! Nevertheless, there are still restrictions and hygiene protection measures.
No matter if in our Mensas, in the student halls of residence or in personal contact with employees of the Studentenwerk Leipzig - we take protection against Corona seriously! Special hygiene concepts have been developed for all facilities to ensure a maximum of safety for students and the employees of the Studentenwerk Leipzig.
- Information on the current opening times and possible changes can be found on the page about the corona measures in our Mensas and Cafeterias and on the pages of our various locations.
- Our Student Halls of Residence the placement of halls of residence has been taking place digitally for some time. In the pandemic, the conclusion of tenancy agreements by digital means or by post has now also proved its worth. Move-ins take place with prior booking of appointments, so that long queues at the main move-in dates can be avoided. The tenancy officers and caretakers can be reached by e-mail and telephone.
- For the time being we will continue to use telephone consultation and advice or communication by e-mail in the Department for Grants.
For most of the counselling services offered by the Studentenwerk Leipzig, students will be able to choose between face-to-face appointments with prior appointment booking and video interviews or telephone counselling from the summer semester onwards. For face-to-face appointments, students are still asked to wear a medical mask and to cancel an appointment if they have cold symptoms. The appointment can be converted into a telephone or video consultation.
- The Social Counselling offeres face-to-face appointments as short counselling sessions (approx. 20 min) in the new SSZ in Goethestraße 3-5. You need to book an appointment in advance. Only in the Student Family Centre (StuFaz) is there a personal open consultation time on Thursdays from 2.00 to 4.00 pm. All other consultations of the Social Counselling Service can be attended by telephone or video. Info events for students will continue to be offered primarily online.
- Psychosocial Counselling continues its face-to-face services. In addition, counselling continues to be offered by telephone or video. Group offers continue to be primarily digital.
The Job Office is there for you on site. You can find all important information and office hours on our website. In the job office, students can once again attend personal appointments for initial registration with prior appointment booking. The placement process for student jobs will continue to take place online, as this form of placement has proven successful. This way, long queues in the job placement office can be avoided.
- There are three Do-It-Yourself Bicycle Repair Shops for students, which are financed by the mobility fund. Students can repair their own bikes there free of charge. The Do-It-Yourself Bicycle Repair Shops are open. For more information, please check the page for bicyclists.
United for protection against Corona!
We ask all those who use our services to act in solidarity and to follow our Corona rules in order to protect themselves and our employees.
Detailed information on the measures we are taking in our different service areas