We are doing our best to prevent the Corona virus from spreading!
All of the services offered by the Studentenwerk Leipzig are once again available to the full extent! Nevertheless, there are still restrictions and hygiene protection measures.
No matter if in our Mensas, in the student halls of residence or in personal contact with employees of the Studentenwerk Leipzig - we take protection against Corona seriously! Special hygiene concepts have been developed for all facilities to ensure a maximum of safety for students and the employees of the Studentenwerk Leipzig.
- With the start of the lecture period in the summer semester, the Mensas and Cafeterias will reopen at the usual times before the Corona pandemic, with a full range of offers and 100% seating capacity. More information on the current opening times and possible changes can be found on the page about the corona measures in our Mensas and Cafeterias and on the pages of our various locations.
- Our Student Halls of Residence the placement of halls of residence has been taking place digitally for some time. In the pandemic, the conclusion of tenancy agreements by digital means or by post has now also proved its worth. Move-ins take place with prior booking of appointments, so that long queues at the main move-in dates can be avoided. The tenancy officers and caretakers can be reached by e-mail and telephone.
- For the time being we will continue to use telephone consultation and advice or communication by e-mail in the Department for Grants.
For most of the counselling services offered by the Studentenwerk Leipzig, students will be able to choose between face-to-face appointments with prior appointment booking and video interviews or telephone counselling from the summer semester onwards. For face-to-face appointments, students are still asked to wear a medical mask and to cancel an appointment if they have cold symptoms. The appointment can be converted into a telephone or video consultation.
- From April onwards, the Social Counselling will be offering face-to-face appointments as short counselling sessions (approx. 20 min) in the new SSZ in Goethestraße 3-5. You need to book an appointment in advance. All other counselling can be done by phone or video. Information events for students will continue to be offered primarily online.
- Psychosocial Counselling continues its face-to-face services. In addition, counselling continues to be offered by telephone or video. Group services continue to be primarily digital.
At the Job Office is again offering personal consultation hours in the office at Goethestraße 6. Counselling is available on Tuesdays from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please book an appointment by using the appointment booking tool on our website. In addition, you can reach us by phone on +49 1761 96 59 675 as well as +49 1761 96 59 663 on Monday from 09.00 to 11.00 a.m. For the activation of your profile and the updating of your certificate of study, there is no need to book an appointment, just send us an email with the current document if necessary. The placement process will continue to take place digitally.
- Our KiTas provides childcare for student parents. The Villa Unifratz is already open in regular operation. From 25 April, the children's shop will also reopen from Monday to Thursday from 8. a. m. to 4. p. m. and on Friday from 8. a. m. to 3. p. m.
- The do-it-yourself bicycle repair workshops "Radgeber" and "RadSchlag" remain open Monday to Friday from 12 noon to 6 p.m. and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. respectively. Currently, six workstations are available in each of the self-help areas. The workshop in the "VILLA gGmbH" is still open Mondays to Thursdays from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. If possible, repairs can be made outside in the courtyard.
United for protection against Corona!
We ask all those who use our services to act in solidarity and to follow our Corona rules in order to protect themselves and our employees.
Detailed information on the measures we are taking in our different service areas